Medium Heavy Truck and Equipment
What You’ll Learn
Students will become proficient with shop tools and equipment while maintaining and repairing semi-trucks, bulldozers, backhoe loaders, etc. The HETT program is divided into units of study. Examples are: Shop Lab (Drilling, tapping, torch cutting, arc/mig welding, etc.), Engine Service (Trouble-shooting, diagnosis, cylinder head, overhaul, etc.), Electrical (Basic electricity, batteries, starters, charging, etc.) Hydraulic and Air Brakes. Students get the opportunity to operate equipment during the spring.
Students who complete this course can enjoy a career as a heavy equipment technician, medium/heavy truck technician, truck driver, heavy equipment operator (from landscape skid loaders to bulldozer), laborer (usually in the building trades), welder, forklift driver, service writers, foremen, supervisors, teachers, engineer technical support personnel and emergency vehicle repair.
- MIHDT: Electrical Systems, Brakes, Suspension and Steering Systems, Engine Repair Diesel, Engine Repair Gasoline, HDT Drivetrain, Commercial Driver’s License
- Career Safe, OSHA 10 General Industry
- Customer Service and Sales 1
- Advanced Customer Service and Sales 2
- Autolift Institute
- ASE: Electrical/Electronic Systems, Inspection Maint, Steering & Suspensions, Brakes, Diesel Engines
Southwest Campus • Amy Flynn, Counselor • 248.668.5608 • firstname.lastname@example.org