Lake Area Rotary
Submission due by March 1, 2022Rotary is where neighbors, friends, and problem-solvers share ideas, join leaders, and take action to create lasting change. Rotarians are found in communities around the world and include people in all professions. Together, we see a world where people unite and take action to create lasting change – across the globe, in our communities, and in ourselves.
Lakes Area Rotary was established in Walled Lake in 1946 and has been a leading promoter of education and scholarship in the Lakes Area ever since. Lakes Area Rotary considers skilled professions essential to our economy and society. We have established this scholarship in the amount of $1000 for graduating Seniors currently enrolled in a program at Oakland Schools Technological Campus.
This scholarship is directed to students at Oakland School Technical Campus-Southwest (Wixom) and will be presented at an awards lunch in May on a date to be determined.
We invite you to apply.
Scholarship Eligibility Criteria:
To be considered for this scholarship a student must:
- Be a senior at the Oakland School Technical Campus-Southwest (Wixom)
- Have an overall GPA of at least 2.0.
- Have a career technical education (CTE) program GPA of at least 2.5.
- Document a history of taking action to create change in their community.
- Document application to pursue studies at a two (or four) year college/university, apprenticeship, or trade school.
Application Procedures: (due by March 1, 2022)
Complete the Application and mail it along with the following items:
- Copy of your high school transcript
- A letter of recommendation from a teacher, counselor, etc.
- A letter of recommendation from a person able to address your impact on community outside of school such as a scout leader, coach, religious advisor, etc.
- A letter of recommendation from your employer.
- Any certificates, letters and documentation of awards and recognition you would like to attach.
- Essay of 300-500 words including the following detail:
- What your career goals are and how you plan to accomplish them
- How the technical campus helped you establish your career goals
- How you think you will be able to use your career and personal skills to unite with others in your community and create lasting change
- How you will use this scholarship to help you reach these goals.
- A photo of yourself suitable for publishing on a website, social media or print media.
- Be sure all lines are completed on the application and appropriate signatures are included.
Rotary Four Way Test (how we strive to live):
Of the things we think say or do
- Is it the truth?
- Is it fair to all concerned?
- Will it build goodwill and better friendship?
- Is it beneficial to all concerned?
How to apply?
To receive the Lakes Area Rotary scholarship application by email please provide an email address. If you require the application in a different format please contact the Oakland School Technical Campus-Southwest.