Oakland Technical Early College Information Nights
For current 10th grade students and their parents/guardians who will be attending OSTC in 2019-2020 and will be in one of the following technical programs list below. There is no student cost related to college tuition or books for this program!
Oakland Technical Early College is an extended high school program. Beginning in the 11th grade students have the opportunity to work toward an associate degree related to the technical program the student is taking at OSTC. Oakland Schools Technical Campuses partner with Oakland Community College to bring Early College opportunities to our campuses. In 11th and 12th grades, students take college courses along with their home high school and OSTC coursework. Students attend Oakland Community College full time during an added 13th year, potentially earning both an associate degree and high school diploma. There is a separate application process to enroll in this program.
OSTC Programs involved with Oakland Schools Technical Early College for 2019-2020:
- Collision Repair and Refinishing
- Computer Networking (NE, SW Campuses)
- Computer Programming
- Cyber Security (SE Campus Only)
- Entrepreneurship and Advanced Marketing
- Emergency Medical Services (EMT) – Health Sciences (SW Campus Only)
- Mechatronics – Engineering and Emerging Technologies
- Welding – Engineering and Emerging Technologies (NE, SE, SW Campuses)
- Machining – Engineering and Emerging Technologies
- Visual Imaging – (NW, SE, SW Campuses)
Join us on any date listed above to learn more about Oakland Technical Early College:
- Admission Requirements
- Programs of Study
- Application Process
- Sample Course Sequences
- Hear from current students in the program
- And More!