Student Summer Experiences
Students entering the 8th or 9th grade for the 2022-2023 school year can get a head start with career technical education by enrolling in one of Oakland Schools Technical Campus - Northeast’s exciting programs!
- Safety and fundamentals
- Tools and equipment
- General maintenance and Quick Lane Service
- Career outlook and growth opportunities for Maintenance/Quick Lane Service Tech
- Basic nutrition
- Intro to breakfast foods and sandwiches
- Desserts and baked goods
- Salads and garnishing
Collision Repair and Refinishing
- Refinishing: Apply new finishes and paint
- Surface Preparation: Grinding, filing and sanding surfaces
- Detailing: Vehicle exterior detailing
- Body Work: Minor dent repair
- Learn safe shop practices and machine operation
- Learn to operate the band saw to cut raw materials
- Learn to use the drill press to perform basic drilling operations
- Learn to operate a vertical milling machine to make a cool project!
- Learn to operate a metal lathe to make your own spinning top!
- Set up and operate a CNC milling machine to make your own monogrammed keychain!
Location: 1371 N. Perry Street, Pontiac, MI 48340
Dates: June 27-30, 8:30 A.M. - 11:30 A.M.
Fee: $25 per student
If you have any questions about the OSTC Summer Experiences, please call the office at 248.451.2700.