Construction Technology House Building Project Continues
Students in the Construction Technology program are working to complete the next phase of their house. They are building individual rooms within their house.
The floor tiling consists of several steps:
- Students design the pattern for their floors.
- Students take measurements.
- Students prepare the work surface.
- Students lay down the adhesive.
- Students lay the tile down, using spacers to create even grout lines.
- Students grout the tiles. This is the messiest part of the process.
- Students clean the tile after the grout has been set.
- Students finalize the flooring using a deglazer to remove the haze on the tile.
The equipment and tools used for this task include wet saws, a trowel to apply tile adhesive, and a float.