Student Summer Experiences
Students entering the 8th or 9th grade for the 2023-2024 school year can get a head start with career technical education by enrolling in one of Oakland Schools Technical Campus - Southeast’s exciting programs!
- Safety and fundamentals
- Tools and equipment
- General maintenance and Quick Lane Service
- Career outlook and growth opportunities for Maintenance/Quick Lane Service Tech
- Learn how to secure vulnerability points on PCs and other devices
- Create functioning computer networks in a virtual workspace
- Get hands-on experience with enterprise-grade Cisco routers and switches
- Work with the Cybersecurity-friendly Linux operating system as an alternative to Windows
- Learn how hackers will target your systems and how to spot and minimize those attacks
Entrepreneurship & Advanced Marketing
- Describe marketing’s role and function in business.
- Plan product/service management activities to facilitate product development.
- Develop concept for new marketing project and/or business venture.
- Obtain and convey ideas and information in marketing to facilitate business operations.
- Understand the use of an advertisement’s components to communicate with targeted audiences.
Collision Repair and Refinishing
- Parts Refinishing
- Dent pulling
- Collision Estimating
- Vehicle Inspections
- Shop Maintenance
- Interior and exterior Detailing
- Learn Java Basics including variables, loops and conditional statements
- Learn how to program a Finch Robot
- Apply your Java coding knowledge make the Finch do various activities
- Basic nutrition
- Intro to breakfast foods and sandwiches
- Desserts and baked goods
- Salads and garnishing
- Welding Safety and proper PPE
- Stick, MIG and TIG welding
- Welded horseshoe project
- Plasma and oxy fuel cutting
Location: 5055 Delemere Street
Royal Oak, MI 48073
Dates: June 26-29, 8:30 A.M. - 11:30 A.M.
Fee: $25 per student
Please click the button below to register:
If you have any questions about the OSTC Summer Experiences, please call the office at 248.288.4020.